The Captain's Prize is the oldest Competition at Leigh Golf Club and was first contested in 1907 with P. McGregor emerging as the winner. Presented by the Captain A. J. Prescott, Esq.
1. The Final will be played over 36 holes Medal on Saturday 24th July and Sunday 25th July 2021. There will be no adjustment of handicap between rounds of the Final. The Competition Entry Fee will be £6.00.
2. There will be 6 QR’s as marked in the Diary.
3. The 119 players and ties with the best 2 scores from the 6 QR’s, will qualify for the Final.
4. To qualify for the Final a competitor must have returned at least 6 completed Singles Cards between 24th March to 7th July (inclusive).
5. A cut to 70 players plus ties will be made following the 1st Round.
6. Starting times for Sunday will be displayed as soon as possible after the first round has been completed. Play will be in score order i.e. best scores out last. No change of start times for the Final will be permitted.
Six Day Members Captain’s Prize
1. There will be 4 QR’s as marked in the Diary. The 30 players and ties with the best 2 scores from the 4 QR’s will play an 18 hole competition on the Sunday.
2. On Friday 23rd July 2021 the course will be closed and the practice ground reserved for the finalists. Over the Captains Final Weekend the course and practice grounds will be closed to non-finalists until 6.00pm.
3. The Captain will present prizes as follows:- Final (36 holes) - 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Best Gross Saturday. Best Gross Sunday. The Club will present prizes as follows: 1st, 2nd & 3rd each day.
4. No player may win more than one prize in the Final.
5. The winner of the Captain’s Prize will automatically qualify for the Captains Final next year.
6. Qualifiers must be committed to playing in both Rounds.
|1949||Dr H. R. Harris|