Free golf for Leigh Golf Club Members
The 1906 Club is an association of those Clubs founded in 1906 who have agreed to offer courtesy of their courses to Members of other 1906 Clubs.
Not all Clubs formed in 1906 are members of the 1906 Club. Of the 60 plus UK golf clubs that were founded in 1906, almost 50 of them have joined and are still members of the 1906 Club.
Conditions and instructions for using the scheme are as follows:
- Subject to the traditions and the internal commitments of a Club, e.g. competitions, matches and the like, the participating 1906 affiliated Club will give courtesy of its course to all bona fide Members of other 1906 Clubs located OVER 50 miles distant as the crow flies (Note some golf clubs waive this condition)
- Members can apply for up to a maximum of eight courtesy places, but can only play each course once a year (please note a small number of the clubs charge a reduced green fee)
- Members are requested not to abuse the scheme, and a close record will be kept of all applications. Please note that any Member found abusing the scheme will immediately lose the right to participate and potentially face additional sanctions.
- Members must firstly confirm an available date and tee time with the host Club ensuring the club accepts that the booking is made under the 1906 agreement and the free golf is accepted
- A letter of introduction stating the applicant is a member of Leigh Golf Club must be obtained from the LGC Club Secretary. This letter and associated handicap certificates are to be presented to the host Club on arrival.
- The 1906 Club is very much a reciprocal arrangement and members of other 1906 clubs are very welcome when they visit us. Please extend to such visitors the kind of welcome we would expect when we visit their courses
- In addition to existing reciprocal arrangements at Silverdale, Walmersley and Deane this new extended agreement to other 1906 Members includes
- Beamish Park, Durham
- Wrotham Heath, Kent
- Morpeth, Northumberland
- Stanton on the Wolds, Nottingham
- West Byfleet, Surrey,
- Gosforth, Tyne & Wear
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- Fulford, Yorkshire
- Athy, Co Kildare
- Bishopbriggs, Glasgow
- Bangor St Deiniol, Gwynedd
- Crans-sur-Sierre, Switzerland
A full list of participating clubs can be found in the file below
|File Name||File Size||Upload Date|
|1906 Club - List of Clubs.pdf||369.83 kB||05 Oct 2022 12:21:34|