Return to Golf at Leigh GC
PLAY SAFE STAY SAFE.
SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THIS CONTEXT IS A GIVEN. PEOPLE MUST STAY AT LEAST 2 METERS APART AT ALL TIMES.
IF YOU FEEL UNWELL OR HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO SELF ISOLATE YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND LEIGH GC.
The time has finally arrived when we can open the course to play golf again at Leigh GC on Wednesday 13th May. The golf initially will be a social game and for members only. At this time there will be no gender classifications or set days for specific groups. You will be only allowed to play on the days that your membership classification allows i.e. 3 day or 6 day etc.
Under the new government rules released yesterday (1st June) the following groupings will be allowed
- Two-Three and Four balls comprising of individuals from different households
- All bookings must be made through the online BRS system; this will be operational as of 1300 hrs today. If you have no access to the online system you can call the office between 0900 and 1600 Monday to Friday to book a tee slot. This option is only available if you do not have online access and is not to be seen as a way of jumping the queue.
- All tee slots are only available to Leigh GC members only- initially, no guests or visitors are allowed.
- Tee times will be at 10-minute intervals.
- There will be no block bookings available at this stage, e.g. no Wednesday Men’s, Seniors roll up or Ladies Thursday competitions.
- To ensure all members get an even opportunity to play you will be restricted to 3 rounds per week and the booking system will be restricted to a week in advance
Members guests will be allowed from Thursday 4th June with Casual visitors allowed from Monday 15th June. Visitors must book online via the website.
ARRIVING AT THE COURSE
- Golfers should aim to get to the course no earlier than 15 minutes before your tee time.
- No congregation of golfers is allowed at any time.
- If you arrive late for your tee time you will have lost your slot. There will be no jumping on to the course. All members must start at the 1st tee.
- Cars should be parked in every other space or at least a cars width away from the closest car.
- No access to the club house apart from lockers.
- Men’s locker rooms will operate on a one-way basis entering from the pro shop side and leaving from the front of the club house. PLEASE NOTE: NO ACCESS TO THE LOCKER ROOM WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER 5.00PM.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available at specific points.
- The practice nets will be closed
- The pro shop will be closed.( Opening from Monday 15th June, following government update)
- Shoe cleaning station closed.
- Golfers can play all 18 holes and must start from the 1st tee.
- Golfers should wait by the net until it is clear that the group ahead of them have teed off the 1st and collected their clubs.
- Golfers should take care to keep at least 2 metres apart from their playing partner and those leaving the 18th via the bridge.
- Flag sticks should remain in the holes at all times and players use the automated ball remover with their putters to retrieve their ball.
- Bunker rakes will have been removed. Players can treat all bunkers as GUR or lift clean and place the ball in the bunker and do their best to smooth the sand after playing the shot.
- Please remember this is social only golf. If you lose your ball don’t spend more than 2 minutes looking for it. Simply drop another ball close to the spot where you believe it landed.
- You can not return to the tee to play another ball.
- Only play 1 ball per round.
- The practice areas will be open to those members NOT playing a round of golf.
- The area to the right of the 1st fairway is to be used by a maximum of 3 players at any one time. ALL shots are to be taken from the fairway end towards the practice green.
- The area between the 9th and the 10th fairway can only be used by a maximum of 3 players at any one time. ALL shots are to be taken from the end nearest to the 10th tee towards the main road.
- Only where you are the sole person on the practice area can shots be taken in any other direction.
LEAVING THE COURSE
- Please leave the club as soon as you finish your round.
- The gates at the main entrance will be locked at 10pm prompt each evening
- I will be looking to have the halfway house operational by Saturday.
- If you need to use your own buggies you can do so.
- Please abide to the rules and guidelines they are in place for a reason. Anyone found to not be adhering to the rules will be handed a 1 month playing ban.
- I will be doing ad hoc checks on the 1st tee and around the course, but we need your help if you are bored at home. If you can volunteer to do an hour or so as a starter or marshal please give me a call and let me know of your availability.
It is hoped that this 1st phase will only be in place for a short time and that future phases will enable the clubhouse to be opened, the pro shop and competition golf to be restarted. All of these can only be possible if members adhere to the rules laid out for phase 1.
I am aware that courses where social distancing rules are not adhered to will be fined and closed, so please ensure that you adhere to these rules.