The Captain's Prize is the oldest Competition at Leigh Golf Club and was first contested in 1907 with P. McGregor emerging as the winner. Presented by the Captain A. J. Prescott, Esq.
1. The Final will be played over 36 holes Medal on Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th of August. There will be no adjustment of handicap between rounds of the Final. The Competition Entry Fee will be £6.00.
2. There will be 6 QR’s as follows– Saturdays 2nd April, 16th April, 14th May and 2nd July. Wednesdays 25th May and 22nd June.
3. The 119 players and ties with the best 2 scores from the 6 QR’s, will qualify for the Final.
4. To qualify for the Final a competitor must have returned at least 6 completed Singles Cards between 25th March to 3rd July (inclusive).
5. A cut to 70 players plus ties will be made following the 1st Round.
6. Starting times for Sunday will be displayed as soon as possible after the first round has been completed. Play will be in score order i.e. best scores out last. No change of start times for the Final will be permitted.
7. 6 Day members Captain’s Prize
There will be 4 QR’s as follows: Wednesday 25th May and 22nd June and Sundays 12th June and 10th July. The 30 players and ties with the best 2 scores from the 4 QR’s will play an 18 hole competition on the Sunday.
8. On Friday 5th August the course will be closed and the practice ground reserved for the finalists. Over the Captains Final Weekend the course and practice grounds will be closed to non-finalists until 6.00pm.
9. The Captain will present prizes as follows:- Final (36 holes) - 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Best Gross Saturday. Best Gross Sunday. The Club will present prizes as follows: 1st, 2nd & 3rd each day.
10. No player may win more than one prize in the Final.
11. The winner of the Captain’s Prize will automatically qualify for the Captains Final next year.
12. Qualifiers must be committed to playing in both Rounds.
|1949||Dr H. R. Harris|